- Testing Time: 15-20 minutes
- Norm-referenced; articulation and phonology, provides standard scores, percentile ranks, age equivalents, and a Critical Difference Score (a unique CAAP score!)
- CAAP includes: Examiner’s Manual, Stimulus Easel, 50 Articulation Record Forms, 30 Phonological Process Record Forms, 5 foam CAAP Pals, and a big tote bag! (2002)
CAAP tests both articulation and phonology.
The CAAP is the only norm-referenced instrument that assesses the articulation and phonology of preschool and school age children. It is time-efficient, accurate, and yields results that are easy to score and interpret. You may administer the articulation inventory in 15-20 minutes. The checklist approach to assessing phonological processes virtually eliminates the need for phonetic transcription. CAAP is an assessment that you like to give and children actually enjoy taking! Qualify Students in Three Ways!
Qualify students for therapy with:
- Word scores.
- Sentence scores.
- New phonology scores.
Articulation inventory targets:
- Pre- and postvocalic consonant singletons
- Cluster words containing S, R, and L
in the initial position
- Three and four syllable words
- Postvocalic productions of R
- The production of sounds in sentences
(for children 5 years and older)
Phonological process checklists assess:
- Final consonant deletion
- Cluster reduction
- Syllable reduction
- Fronting (velar and palatal)
- Prevocalic voicing
- Postvocalic devoicing
Your CAAP Kit
- Stimulus Easel and Manual
- 50 Articulation and 30 Phonological Record Forms
- 5 colorful, foam, 4" CAAP Pals, in their own tote bag
- Big, Long-lasting 15" x 13" x 5" tote bag
to view FAQs about CAAP.