- Ages 2;6–11;11
- Testing Time: 15–20 minutes
- Norm-referenced; articulation and phonology, provides standard scores, percentile ranks, and age equivalents
- CAAP-2 Kit includes: Examiner’s Manual, Stimulus Easel, 50 Articulation Response Forms, 30 Phonological Process Record Forms, 5 foam CAAP Pals, and a big tote bag! (2013)
- The option of purchasing CAAP-2 as an app for the iPad® with Articulation Response Forms
CAAP-2 - New Norms, New Age Ranges, New iPad® App!
The CAAP-2 is the most current assessment for articulation and phonology. It is time-efficient, accurate, and yields results that are easy to score and interpret. You may administer the Articulation Inventory in 15-20 minutes. The checklist approach to assessing phonological processes virtually eliminates the need for phonetic transcription. CAAP-2 is an assessment that you will like giving and children will enjoy taking!
Qualify students for therapy with:
- Word standard scores
- Sentence standard scores
- Phonology standard scores
Articulation inventory targets:
- Pre- and postvocalic consonant singletons
- Cluster words containing S, R, and L in the initial position
- Three- and four-syllable words
- Postvocalic productions of R
- The production of sounds in sentences (for children 5 years and older)
Phonological process checklists assess:
- Final consonant deletion
- Cluster reduction
- Syllable reduction
- Fronting (velar and palatal)
- Prevocalic voicing
- Postvocalic devoicing
Valid and Reliable
CAAP-2 is a valid and reliable instrument. The CAAP-2 standardization sample included 1486 children from the U.S. and closely resembles 2013 U.S. Census Data. Concurrent validity studies comparing CAAP-2 to the GFTA-2 and the KLPA-2 were significant beyond p<.01 for all raw scores, standard scores and percentile ranks (ranging from .789 to .948). Inter-rater reliability coefficients were all above .99.
Three Ways to Buy!
- If you don’t have the original CAAP, you will need the CAAP-2 Kit which includes:
- Stimulus Easel and Manual
- 50 Articulation and 30 Phonological Process Record Forms
- 5 colorful, foam, 4" CAAP Pals
- Tote Bag
- Upgrade to CAAP-2 – If you have the original CAAP kit, all you need are new forms and a manual.
- The CAAP-2 app for the iPad® – All you need are the CAAP-2 Articulation Response Forms (you can even buy them in-app).
to learn more about CAAP-2 App.