This hands-on, hopping good board game combines the fun of children helping their frogs "jump" from the "frog pond" (board) to their "lily pads" with development of early language and articulation skills. For articulation, the 420 game cards focus on earlier developing sounds (P, B, T, D, K, G, and F) in a fun and enjoyable way. Each sound has specific question cards for initial, medial, and final positions in single words. Hopping Frogs is flexible enough to allow you to work on a single target sound and position for all players, or address individual target sounds and positions for each player. For language development, Hopping Frogs has:
- Vocabulary building - Exposure to and practice of nouns, verbs, prepositions and adjectives.
- Simple analogies - When you leave, you shut the door. When you go in, you ____ the door (open).
- Naming - Name the animal that says "oink" (pig).
It's also good for classifying, synonyms/antonyms, listening, and social skills. Each game includes:
- Colorful, sturdy, and foldable game board (18" x 18").
- 420 Hopping Frogs vocabulary cards (60 cards per sound, with 25 initial, 15 medial and 20 final position of P, B, T, D, K, G, and F) (2 ½" x 1 ½").
- Laminated lily pads (8" x 8").
- Over 130 colorful plastic frogs.
- Instructions with game ideas and storage box.
Hopping Frogs is for readers and non-readers. Looks like it's a good time to "get hopping!"