The Oral & Nasal Listener™, developed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, is a unique tool that provides direct high-quality auditory feedback for the client (child or adult) during speech therapy. It is the only device of its kind that provides both the client and the speech-language pathologist (or parent) simultaneous amplification of speech nasality.
A simple funnel attachment amplifies speech, making it perfect for targeting articulation skills and improving phonological awareness. The Clip-on Photo Cues offer a fun way to reinforce correct sound productions. The soft foam ear tips on the stethoscopes make them comfortable for the client and the SLP to wear.
The Oral & Nasal Listener™ is also very effective when working on the elimination of nasal emission or hypernasality due to abnormal articulation or velopharyngeal mislearning. Unlike other devices for detecting nasality, the Listener™ amplifies all nasal sounds, thus allowing the child to HEAR the differences between nasal and oral productions.
The Oral & Nasal Listener™ includes:
- 20 feet of replaceable tubing.
- Speech funnel (3 ¼" x 2 ¾").
- Instruction manual.
- 20 clip-on photo cues.
- Carrying case (14 ½" x 12" x 3 ½").
The Oral & Nasal Listener™ has unique features that make it different from other feedback devices:
- Amplifies oral speech sounds through a simple funnel attachment (Speech Funnel), making it perfect for working on articulation skills and improving phonological awareness.
- Allows the client to clearly hear hypernasality or nasal air emission through a tube, which is placed at the entrance of one nostril.
- Provides amplification of the client's speech for two people at the same time!
- Increases the clients attention and focus on auditory stimuli and auditory instructions.
- Uses clip-on photo cues to provide the client with cues for correct sound production.