The Oral & Nasal Listener, developed at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, is a unique tool that provides direct high-quality auditory feedback for the client (child or adult) during speech therapy. It is the only device of its kind that provides both the client and the speech-language pathologist (or parent) simultaneous amplification of speech nasality.
The Oral & Nasal Listener is also very effective when working on the elimination of nasal emission or hypernasality due to abnormal articulation or velopharyngeal mislearning. Unlike other devices for detecting nasality, the Listener amplifies all nasal sounds, thus allowing the child to HEAR the differences between nasal and oral productions.
A simple funnel attachment amplifies speech, making it perfect for targeting articulation skills and improving phonological awareness. The Clip-on Photo Cues offer a fun way to reinforce correct sound productions. The soft foam ear tips on the stethoscopes make them comfortable for the client and the SLP to wear.
The Oral & Nasal Listener's unique features that make it different from other feedback devices:
- Amplifies oral speech sounds through a simple funnel attachment (Speech Funnel), making it perfect for working on articulation skills and improving phonological awareness.
- Allows the client to clearly hear hypernasality or nasal air emission through a tube, which is placed at the entrance of one nostril.
- Provides amplification of the client's speech for two people at the same time!
- Increases the clients attention and focus on auditory stimuli and auditory instructions.
- Uses clip-on photo cues to provide the client with cues for correct sound production.
The Oral & Nasal Listener includes:
- 20 feet of replaceable tubing.
- Speech funnel (3¼" x 2¾").
- Instruction manual.
- 20 clip-on photo cues.
- Carrying case (14½" x 12" x 3½").
- Latex Free