Two nationally known experts, Drs. Judy Montgomery and Barbara Moore, provide a framework for the expanded working situations of SLPs and help create a vision of the possibilities for children and professionals within federal guidelines and requirements of the public school system.
Making a Difference for America's Children—Speech-Language Pathologists in Public Schools, Second Edition
- Gets you up-to-date on what SLPs working in the public schools need to know.
- Gives the most current updates on Federal legislative changes in NCLB and IDEA.
- Discusses increased emphasis on early literacy and evidence-based practices.
- Discusses the sweeping movement of response to intervention (RtI).
- Defines the future roles of SLPs and audiologists in the schools.
Making a Difference-Second Edition includes updates of information from Making a Difference in the Era of Accountability, also by Moore and Montgomeryall in one resource. This second edition presents ten chapters:
- Speech-Language and Audiology Services in the Educational System: Trends and Considerations
- Legislative Foundation of Special Education
- Referral and Assessment
- The IEP Process and Procedures
- Service Delivery Options in Schools
- Providing Successful Intervention and Access to Curriculum
- Specialized Services
- Procedural Safeguards and Other Protections for Children in Special Education
- The Work World of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists in
- A Promising Future for School-Based Speech-Language Pathologists
- 3 appendices: Response to Intervention: New Roles for Speech-Language Pathologists; To Screen or Not to Screen…That is the Question;ASHA's Code of Ethics.
- Glossary defining important terminology and concepts
Whether you are reentering the public schools from private therapy or practicing in the public schools today, Making a Difference for America's Children-Second Edition is an invaluable resource for information and current trends. 516 pages. Perfect-bound. Softcover.