Treating students with phonology disorders has never been so quick, convenient, and easy! With SCIP, you get a comprehensive collection of contrastive sound pairs that allows SLPs to develop individualized treatment materials for students with speech sound disorders. SCIP is evidence-based. Seventy-two certified SLPs in six national test sites participated in a study to compare traditional methods of creating materials to using the SCIP software. The results were significantly faster—taking half the time.
SCIP uses four contrastive intervention approaches:
- Multiple oppositions
- Minimal pairs
- Maximal oppositions
- Treatment of the Empty Set
Prepare materials in minutes and reduce time, confusion, hassle, and expense by implementing the automatic picture/stimulus selection. Track student progress automatically. You can also score and graph client progress with this amazing program! With the click of a mouse, you can select the intervention approach, generate word sets, and present targets to the student on screen or off screen.
The SCIP software contains over 8,000 illustrated, treatment targets to help individualize therapy sessions for each student. There are 2,350 real words and about 6,000 nonsense words. Print pictures in black and white or color!
Not only is SCIP easy to administer in treatment, it is easy to learn.
The CD-ROM includes:
- Video tutorials introducing the approaches.
- User manual that explains how to organize and present sessions, make clinical decisions, and navigate the program.
- Easy-to-find clinical and technical Help buttons on all screens.
- Thousands of pictures and words to help you create individual and effective treatment materials in minutes.
The User Manual includes:
- A self-study course that may be completed for 0.3 ASHA CEUs.
to view FAQs about SCIP.
SCIP is compatible with SMART Board.
NOTE: NOT Compatible with OS 10.7 (Lion)