This is a DIGITAL EDITION book. You will receive an email within 48 hours of purchase with complete download instructions.
This is your “Go-To” book for working on phonological awareness! This 55-page reference tool provides a concise overview of phonological awareness by summarizing five areas:
- Key terms – defines and explains terms which form a foundation for understanding phonological awareness.
- Importance – relates phonological awareness to literacy and speech/language development.
- Development – provides milestones for word and syllable awareness, rhyme awareness, and phoneme awareness.
- Assessment – evaluates informal and formal procedures to assess phonological awareness.
- Intervention – offers suggestions for effectively teaching phonological awareness.