Align vocabulary instruction with the curriculum and give at-risk students the vocabulary they need for success in the classroom. Lessons in 100% Curriculum Vocabulary progress systematically and give students plenty of practice opportunities. The lessons use grade-level, curricular vocabulary in order to help students experience greater success in the classroom and on tests.
100% Curriculum Vocabulary (287 pages (8 ½" x 11") with answer keys) includes 43, six-page lessons appropriate for individual instruction, small groups, or entire classrooms. Each lesson presents a group of ten words and uses the following progression of activities:
- Word definitions
- Fill-in-the-blanks using words in the word bank
- Word associations using words in the word bank
- Write a sentence using each word
- Crossword puzzle
- Word search puzzle
The lessons, grouped by subject areas, further divide into related topics. Subject areas and examples of the vocabulary words are:
- Art—casting, collage, contour, pigment
- Biology—aorta, heredity, herbivore, embryo
- Consumer—balance, expenditure, mortgage, residential
- Earth Science—atmosphere, deciduous, delta, epicenter, condensation
- English—apostrophe, metaphor, plagiarism, their/they're
- Government—economy, monarchy, majority, veto
- Health—introvert, dehydration, emphysema, bulimia
- History—secede, ration, colonies, loyalists
- Keyboarding—directory, header/footer, cursor
- Math—angle, denominator, integer, volume
100% Curriculum Vocabulary is also available for purchase on a printable CD-ROM.
The CD-ROM is not an interactive program.