|The ready-to-use lessons in 100% Language Intermediate give your upper elementary and junior high students the practice they need to master language skills in six areas: Sequencing, Cause and Effect, Problem Solving, Opinions, Inferencing, and Paraphrasing.100% Language Intermediate presents a broad scope of skills, a hierarchy of activities, and hefty amounts of practice to help students understand and use language more effectively. Each of the six language areas has 24, one-page activities with an answer key, teaching suggestions, a progress chart, and a family letter. 183 pages (8 ½" x 11").|
The six units in 100% Language Intermediate include the following goals:
- Sequencing- Learn the vocabulary of sequencing and understand time concepts. Improve patterning, following directions, and the sequencing of stories and events.
- Cause & Effect- Understand the cause/effect relationship and the consequences of their actions on themselves and others. Identify the chain of events that might occur in order to make better decisions.
- Problem Solving- Use language skills to identify, understand, solve, and avoid problems. Use activities with and without picture supports.
- Opinions- Differentiate fact from opinion. Practice expressing opinions, preferences, and ideas. The activities require verbal and written responses.
- Inferencing- Apply prior knowledge to new information based on what one sees and hears, and make a reasonable deduction. Use the activities with and without picture supports.
- Paraphrasing- Students restate information in their own words. They begin by using synonyms and progress to restating information in phrases, sentences, and directions.