Easy Does It for Fluency Preschool/Primary program uses play-based activities along with clear goals and techniques to shape fluency. This program is adaptable to direct and indirect therapy and meets the needs and interests of young children.
|Based on the premise that much learning takes place through modeling, Easy Does It for Fluency Preschool/Primary uses modeling as an inherent component of this program because children can learn easy speech the same way. Goals and objectives are set up in a hierarchy to enhance shaping and generalization of easy speech.|
Easy Does It for Fluency Preschool/Primary presents five steps to work through for the child to reach his or her goal of fluent speech.
- Experiencing Easy Speech – The child experiences fluency by using slightly exaggerated inflection patterns and producing easy speech.
- Establishing Easy Speech - The child imitates the use of easy speech in stereotyped and carrier sentences, and progresses to using easy speech in novel sentences.
- Desensitizing to Fluency Disrupters – The child maintains the use of easy speech while tolerating pressures which may disrupt fluency (people, noise, interruptions, new locations, contradictions, time pressures, emotional topics, and competition).
- Transferring Fluency – The child begins using easy speech in real-life situations beginning with semi-structured tasks and progressing to spontaneous speaking tasks. The response type becomes more conversational and the length of responses increases.
- Maintaining Fluency – Direct therapy contact reduces as the child maintains the use of easy speech for longer periods of time without therapy intervention.
Easy Does It for Fluency Preschool/Primary
- 117 pages (8½" x 11")
- Detailed explanation of therapy techniques
- Evidence-based therapy plans
- Clear goals and objectives
- Step-by-step progression of lesson plans
- 188 activities
- 169 reproducible pages (8½" x 11")
- Student practice activities and materials
- Homework activities