Help students learn about their changing bodies and prepare for independent self-care with 40, one-page, ready-to-use picture-supported social lessons in Autism & PDD Adolescent Social Skills Lessons – Health & Hygiene. Customize the lessons by adding student-specific information, editing the text, and using photographs in place of generic pictures in the book.
Health & Hygiene includes both instructional and behavioral lessons. Use the instructional lessons in small groups as part of a social skills curriculum to teach adolescents about healthy habits (e.g., Using Deodorant), and what to do or say in overwhelming social situations (e.g., What Can I Do about Acne?). Use the behavioral lessons with individuals to target personal social problems (e.g., Overeating). Choose the order in which to present the lessons, and then document the Record of Progress and Tracking Forms.
Health & Hygiene Topics
- Healthy Habits—Eating Slowly, Scabs, Alcoholic Beverages, and more
- Health Care—Other People's Medicine, The Dentist, The Gynecologist, and more
- Puberty—Developing Breasts, Hair on Legs and Underarms, My Changing Body (Boys), and more
- Grooming—Shampooing Hair, Shower, Wearing Different Clothes, and more
Health & Hygiene Features
- Picture Index
- Behavior Tracking Form
- Behavior Analysis Form
- Progress Record
- Tracking Forms for Lessons
- Lessons with suggestions and examples
- 62 pages, 8 ½" x 11"
Autism & PDD Adolescent Social Skills Lessons Health & Hygiene
book is also available as part of a 5-Book Set or 5-Book Set on CD-ROM.