The 40 ready-to-use, one-page lessons in Autism & PDD Adolescent Social Skills Lessons – Secondary Schools help students adjust to the new rules and surroundings in a secondary school environment. Customize the lessons by adding student-specific information, editing the text, and using photographs in place of generic pictures in the book.
Secondary Schools includes both instructional and behavioral lessons. Use the instructional lessons with small groups as part of a social skills curriculum to teach adolescents what to do or say in situations that can be overwhelming (e.g., Taking a Test). Use the behavioral lessons with individuals to target personal social problems (e.g., Let the Teacher Talk). Choose the order in which to present the lessons, and then document the Record of Progress and Tracking Forms.
Secondary Schools Topics
- Social Skills—Hallway Crowds, Forgetting My Homework, Asking for Help, and more
- Routine Activities—Class Schedule, Lockers, Announcements, Changing Clothes in Gym, and more
- Special Activities—Pep Rally, School Dance, Substitute Teacher, and more
Secondary Schools Features
- Picture Index
- Behavior Tracking Form
- Behavior Analysis Form
- Progress Record
- Tracking Forms for Lessons
- Lessons with suggestions and examples
- 62 pages, 8½" x 11"
Autism & PDD Adolescent Social Skills Lessons - Secondary Schools
book is also available as part of a 5-Book Set or 5-Book Set on CD-ROM.