Autism & PDD Social Skills Lessons – Healthy Habits
has 40 ready-to-use lessons for small groups or individual students. Customize the lessons by adding student-specific information, editing the text, and using photographs in place of generic pictures in the book. The concise format makes it easy to talk about the lessons where social behaviors occur.
Healthy Habits includes instructional and behavioral lessons. Use the instructional lessons to teach preteens what to say or do in social situations that are sometimes overwhelming. Use the behavioral lessons with individuals to target particular social problems. You choose the order in which to present the lessons, and then document the Record of Progress and Tracking Forms.
Healthy Habits Topics:
- Being Healthy—Cramming Food in My Mouth, Eating off the Floor, Scabs, Smoking, and more
- Health Care—Getting Braces, The Hospital, Wearing Glasses, and more
- Grooming—Washing Hair, Washing Hands, Using Deodorant, Brushing Teeth, and Wearing Socks
- Puberty—Developing Breasts, Menstruation, My Changing Body, Acne, and more
Healthy Habits Features
- Picture Index
- Behavior Tracking Form
- Behavior Analysis Form
- Progress Record Form
- Lesson Tracking Form
- Lessons with teaching suggestions and examples
- 62 pages, 8½" x 11"
Autism PDD Social Skills Lessons - Healthy Habits
book is also available as part of a 5-Book Set or 5-Book Set on CD-ROM.