Autism & PDD Primary Social Skills Lessons – Getting Along has 40 ready-to-use, rebus-supported lessons to help teach young children what to say and do to ensure their social success. Customize the lessons by adding student-specific information, editing the text, and using photographs in place of generic pictures in the book. Getting Along includes instructional and behavioral lessons. Use the instructional lessons in small groups to teach young children what they need to do or say in social situations that are sometimes overwhelming (e.g., Receiving a Compliment). Use the behavioral lessons with individuals to target specific social behaviors (e.g., Sticking Out My Tongue).
Getting Along Topics
- Social Interactions—Saying "Hi," Introducing Myself, Letting Others Talk, Asking to Use the Bathroom, Sharing, Showing Affection, Playing a Board Game, Keeping My Shirt Down, and more
- Eating—Asking for More Food, Using a Napkin, Taking Only One, Drinking From My Glass, Chewing Gum, and more
- My Body—Using a Tissue, Fingers in My Nose, Fingers in My Mouth, and Sticking Out My Tongue
Getting Along Features
- 62 pages, 8½" x 11"
- Behavior Tracking Forms
- Behavior Analysis Forms
- Progress Record Forms
- Tracking forms for Lessons
- Lessons with teaching suggestions and examples
Autism & PDD Primary Social Skills Lessons Getting Along
book is also available as part of a 5-Book Set or 5-Book Set on CD-ROM.