Autism & PDD Primary Social Skills Lessons School has 40 ready-to-use, rebus-supported lessons (stories) to help teach young children what they need to say or do in social situations that are often overwhelming, especially to children with autism (e.g., Recess). One or more pictures support each sentence in a story. Customize the lessons by adding student-specific information, editing the text, and using photographs in place of generic pictures in the book. There are instructional and behavioral lessons. Use the instructional lessons as part of a social skills curriculum with small groups. Use the behavioral lessons with individuals to target their personal social problems (e.g., Covering My Cough and Sneeze). Lessons are the most effective when used with an individual child.
- Routine Activities—First Day of School, I Finish My Work, Using a Schedule, Recess, Using Markers, Using the Computer, and more
- Extra-Curricular Activities—Transitions, Gym Class, Going to Speech, and Library
- Social Skills—Quiet Voice, Raising My Hand, Waiting for Help, and Walking in Line
- Special Days—Going to an Event, Field Trip, Holidays Away from School, My Teacher Is Sick, Fire Drill, and Tornado Drill
- Self-Care—Dirty Hands, Using the Rest Room, Covering My Cough and Sneeze, Wearing a Helmet, Going to the School Nurse, and more
- 62 pages, 8½" x 11"
- Behavior Tracking Form
- Behavior Analysis Form
- Progress Record Form
- Tracking forms for Lessons
- Lessons with teaching suggestions and examples
Autism & PDD Primary Social Skills Lessons School
book is also available as part of a 5-Book Set or 5-Book Set on CD-ROM.