Help students with communication difficulties improve their listening skills, follow directions during test taking, and comprehend basic concepts in the classroom with No-Glamour Following Directions.
Developed by speech-language pathologists with input from classroom teachers, No-Glamour Following Directions features 304 pages (8 ½" x 11") of interesting, straightforward activities and materials students need to help them master their target skills.
No-Glamour Following Directions includes:
- Pretests/posttests for each set of directions
- Learning activities with specific directions
- Practice activities
- Review activities
Eight units in the book include instruction and activities targeting:
- Basic Directions— draw X on, draw a line next to, and draw a circle around, ...
- Position/Location Directions—including on/off, top/bottom, and left/right, ...
- Size/Duration Directions—including big/little and long/short, ...
- Associations—shape, object, size, and action-object matching
- Sequencing Directions—including before/after, first/last, ...
- Negation Directions— not the same and does not belong
- Test-taking Directions—underline, fill in the bubble, and fill in the blank
- One-step and Multi-step Classroom Directions—“Sit in a circle.” “Get your backpack and stand in line.”
No-Glamour Following Directions is also available for purchase on a printable CD-ROM.
The CD-ROM is not an interactive program.