- Testing Time: 30 minutes (15 for each section)
- Norm-referenced: standard scores, percentile ranks, and age equivalents.
- MAVA Complete Kit: Examiner's Manual, Receptive Vocabulary Stimulus Easel, Expressive Vocabulary Stimulus Easel, Receptive Vocabulary, Record Forms (30), Expressive Vocabulary Record Forms (30), Tote bag, and Online Qualitative Response Analyzer. (2008)
- Qualification Level: A
Save money with Dr. Judy Montgomery’s all-in-one expressive and receptive vocabulary test!
Research tells us that children with large, rich vocabularies have better verbal, reading, and writing skills. MAVA evaluates a child’s knowledge of basic (tier one), high frequency (tier two), and curriculum-based (tier three) words. This assessment includes, up-to-date word choices, full-color illustrations, and everything else you need to evaluate the listening and speaking vocabulary of children ages 3;0–12;11.
Online Qualitative Response Analyzer
kit also includes an online Qualitative Response Analyzer that sorts the words the child identifies into three word tiers. Create intervention goals and learning strategies by pinpointing where the child needs help the most. Some children need help with basic words (apple, chair, car) while other children need help with high frequency, multiple meaning words (sleek, soar, pounce) and/or curriculum-based words (metamorphosis, eclipse, peninsula). Simply enter the test data into the analyzer and the program will tell you which word types to target. The Response Analyzer will not calculate normative data (standard scores, etc). It produces qualitative reports to help you establish intervention goals. MAVA Response Analyzer
Valid And Reliable
The standardization samples for the MAVA included over 1,300 children for the receptive test and over 1,200 for the expressive test. Test-retest, inter-rater reliability, and concurrent validity are all very high and over .90. In comparing the tests of the MAVA to the Receptive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test and the Expressive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test, we found that the tests examine similar skills.
MAVA Complete Kit
- Receptive Vocabulary Stimulus Easel
- Expressive Vocabulary Stimulus Easel
- Receptive Vocabulary Record Forms (30)
- Expressive Vocabulary Record Forms (30)
- Examiner's Manual
- Tote Bag
- Qualitative Response Analyzer
to view FAQs about MAVA