I’m round and you hit me with a bat. What am I?
This colorful educational App for the iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch® has all 52 illustrated picture cards (plus audio of the text on each card) from the Understanding Inferences Fun Deck by Super Duper Publications. Select the cards you want students to see, and have them answer questions or complete sentences to help boost their inferencing and reasoning skills. Prompts include questions like, “Who might live here?” and sentences like, ”Bill is sick. His mom is taking him to…”
This App is simple to use — each student looks at an illustration and either reads the prompt or touches the screen to listen to the prompt. The student then gives a verbal response. After each answer, tap the green (correct) or red (incorrect) button to score the student’s verbal response. Move to the next card by sliding the card currently on the display screen to the side, and the next image appears. Move to the next player by sliding the bar at the top of the screen. When you finish, view the results, and email them to as many addresses as you like.
Understanding Inferences Fun Deck App lets you:
- Use the app in portrait or landscape orientation.
- Select all 52 cards or just the ones you want students to see.
- Track correct and incorrect responses for an unlimited number of players.
- Advance players and cards manually or automatically.
- Receive feedback for incorrect and/or correct responses.
- Discontinue game play and continue at any time.
- View results in a graph and see which questions a player missed during a session.
- Print, E-mail and share your results.