Edmark Reading Program: Level 2 – Second Edition, Complete Program, an extension of Level 1, provides one-on-one or small group lessons for students who are not yet ready for a more traditional reading approach.
Learning objectives, classroom activity ideas, and research references are all part of the Program Overview. Lesson Plan/Record Books help teachers track student progress and develop IEP objectives.
Use Edmark Reading Program: Level 2, Second Edition independently or in conjunction with Edmark Reading Program: Level 2, Software.
Learning opportunities include:
- 200 Words from the Dolch List and early elementary readers
- Reinforcement of the 153 words and word endings learned in Level 1
- Compound words
- Words, phrases, and sentences
- Vocabulary expansion
- Stories with 100 illustrated stories and comprehension questions
- Thinking and discrimination skills
- Phrase Match lessons that teach comprehension using manipulatives
- Association between oral language and print
- Review lessons for every 10 words
Edmark Reading Program: Level 2 – Second Edition is ideal for students who have successfully completed Level 1, have developmental disabilities, or have learning disabilities; Title 1 students who are struggling with phonics approaches; ESL students; and preschool and kindergarten students who are deaf or lack vocabulary development and language awareness.
Complete Edmark Reading Program: Level 2 – Second Edition includes:
- Program Overview
- Mastery Test
- 5 Lesson Plan/Record Books
- Word Recognition Books 1-4
- Phrase Match Cards and Boards
- Stories 1-4
- Reading and Social Skills Games
- 2 Display Masks
- Word Signs DVD
- 5 Judy's Birthday Party and Certificates
Edmark Reading Program: Level 2 – Second Edition, Lesson Plan/Record Book
Use the Lesson Plan/Record Book to monitor progress of student achievement and plan lessons. It also serves as a guide to the sequence of activities within each Edmark Reading Program lesson. One booklet per student. Lesson Plan/Record Book covers the entire Level 2 program. 8½" x 11". Pack of 5.
Edmark Reading Program: Level 2 – Second Edition, Worksheets
Worksheets target word recognition and reinforce word comprehension with 140 reproducible activities. A variety of formats helps students read and comprehend words and phrases. Exercise types include cloze, reading/writing response, short answers, and multiple choice. Students choose from answers consisting of words. Students can work independently, with a friend, or with a family member.
Students demonstrate comprehension of words or phrases by answering comprehension questions in each activity. Activities include:
- Select the correct word to complete a sentence
- Answer questions related to brief stories
- Select the correct word in dictation from multiple choices (review)