- Testing Time: 15-20 minutes (comprehensive) and 2-5 minutes (screening).
- Norm-referenced; criterion-referenced.
- Complete HAPP-3 kit includes: Examiners Manual, Comprehensive Phonological Evaluation Record Forms (25), Major Phonological Deviations Analysis Forms (25), Substitutions and Other Strategies Analysis Forms (25), Preschool Phonological Screening Record Forms (50), Multisyllabic Word Screening Record Forms (50), 1 Multisyllabic Word Screening Picture Sheet, 30-piece object kit, and 13 picture cards, all in a sturdy storage box. (2004)
- Qualification Level: B
The Hodson Assessment of Phonological Patterns (HAPP-3) is a revised edition of The Assessment of Phonological Processes-Revised (APP-R). Designed for highly unintelligible children, the HAPP-3 contains both a comprehensive evaluation and screening test. The Phonological Evaluation can be administered in 20 minutes and contains objects and pictures to elicit 50 stimulus words.
Use the newly revised comprehensive evaluation results to:
- Code and categorize phonological deviations.
- Determine the severity intervals/ratings using mild, moderate, severe, and profound.
- Identify major phonological patterns to target in treatment.
- Obtain scores for documenting treatment progress.
The revised Comprehensive Phonological Evaluation Record Form provides spaces for:
- Summarizing analysis results.
- Specifying consonant and vowel inventories.
- Reporting stimulability information.
- Determining the severity rating.
- Goal writing.
The HAPP-3 contains two screening tools, the Preschool Phonological Screening Record Form for children ages 2 years and older and the Multisyllabic Word Screening Record Form for students ages 8 years and older. Both screening tools can be administered in less than 5 minutes and yield results that help the examiner determine if further testing is needed.