- Testing Time: 5-10 minutes
- Norm-referenced; standard scores, and percentile ranks
- Complete PLSI kit includes: Examiner’s Manual, 25 Summary/Response Forms. Boxed. (2006)
The 45-item PLSI is an easy-to-use rating scale with three subscales:
- Personal Interaction Skills (initiating conversation, asking for help, participating in verbal games, and using appropriate nonverbal gestures)
- Social Interaction Skills (when to talk and when to listen, understanding classroom rules, taking turns in conversations, and predicting consequences)
- Classroom Interaction Skills (using figurative language, maintaining topic, explaining how things work, writing stories, and using slang)
Examiner’s manual provides cut-off scores for determining whether or not a student exhibits a pragmatic language disorder and includes guidelines for interpreting results.