Once upon a time, there was an App to help you start a story...
Webber Photo Cards — 60 Story Starters Application for the iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch® takes 60 story starter images from this Super Duper Publications card deck and combines them with audio to create 180 entertaining ways for students to begin telling their own stories. Story Starters also helps children improve their describing, questioning, inferencing, writing, and storytelling/retelling skills.
This Application is simple to use — students just touch the screen to listen to a story starter, and then say or write what they think will happen next. Tap the refresh button to hear a different story starter. There are three different story starters per image. To move to the next card, just slide the card to the side and the next image appears. (Images only appear in PORTRAIT orientation.)
Story Starters App tracks data for all correct and incorrect responses and collects this data for one student at a time. It also allows you to view and email these results to yourself, parents, and teachers or administrators.
With Webber Photo Cards — 60 Story Starters App, students have the opportunity to:
- Use their imaginations and expand their verbal abilities to communicate.
- Learn the important parts of a story (beginning, middle, and end).
- Discuss how characters feel in a story.
- Describe the setting of a story.
- Improve their written language.
- Increase sentence length.
- Generalize articulation and fluency skills.