Help students develop core language skills with cut-and-paste story sequences and activities in No-Glamour Junior Answering Questions. Activities guide students in answering wh- questions, developing narrative language, problem solving, predicting, drawing inferences, and constructing and telling their own stories. 141 pages (8 ½" x 11").
Teach question skills and narrative language using:
- Amusing, illustrated story sequences.
- Wh- question with a hierarchy of difficulty.
- Cut-and-paste activities for students to create their own stories.
- Guided lessons to help students transition to story-telling.
- Personalized application questions to help students use prior knowledge and expand language usage.
Use the activities to meet goals for these classroom language skills.
- Wh- question comprehension and answering
- Story comprehension
- Thinking and problem-solving
- Predicting and inferring
Use the activities to meet goals for these classroom language skills. Each lesson progresses in this order:
- Activity 1— Students listen to a three-part story and follow along by looking at the story illustrations. Then, they answer wh- questions about the story. There are three levels of question difficulty:
- Level 1— basic content questions
- Level 2— inference questions
- Level 3— problem-solving, predicting, and expansion questions
- Activity 2—Students construct their own story loosely based on the story in the first activity. Wh- questions help them plan their narrative. Students choose pictures included in each lesson to illustrate their story.
- Activity 3—Students sequence the pictures they selected in Activity 2 to make a three-, four-, or five-part story and glue them on the activity page. Students tell their story (with the therapist providing question prompts as needed). Personal application questions give students practice in relating information and experiences. Use the question prompts to delve deeper into complex wh- question forms and develop skills for problem solving, memory, inferencing, and predicting.
No-Glamour Junior Answering Questions is also available for purchase on a printable CD-ROM.
The CD-ROM is not an interactive program.