Easy Does It for Apraxia Preschool is a two-book, systematic program that emphasizes sound sequencing and building sound and syllable complexity. Tyler Turtle and his friends lead comprehensive and multisensory therapy activities for preschoolers who:
- Have unintelligible speech or are nonverbal with age-appropriate receptive skills.
- Have inconsistent error patterns.
- Do not progress with traditional therapy approaches.
- Demonstrate motor-planning deficits for speech.
- Lose intelligibility at the sentence level.
- Have increased errors when using complex phonetic combinations.
This organized program has six treatment levels, or goals.
- Establish turn-taking and imitative behaviors.
- Produce vowel sounds and sequences and isolated consonants consistently.
- Combine consonants and vowels to form syllables.
- Produce one-syllable CVC words.
- Produce multisyllabic words and use them in phrases.
- Produce consonant blends in words and in phrases.
Easy Does It for Apraxia Preschool
- Detailed explanation of therapy techniques
- Multisensory therapy activities
- Systematic lesson plans
- Clear goals and objectives
- Consonant inventory form
- Parent interview form
- Parent progress sheet
- Observation form
- Therapy tracking form
- Sample lesson plans
- Word, phrase, and sentence lists
- 178 pages (8½" x 11")
- Sound/picture/hand signal cards
- Cut and paste worksheets and activities featuring Tyler Turtle and friends
- Sound exercises
- Homework activities
- 151 Reproducible pages (8½" x 11")