The 40, ready-to-use, rebus-supported lessons in Autism & PDD Primary Social Skills Lessons – Home have just the right amount of detail for preschool and early primary students. Customize the lessons by adding student-specific information, editing the text, and using photographs in place of the generic pictures in the book. There are instructional and behavioral lessons. Use the instructional lessons in small groups to teach young children what they need to do or say in social situations that are sometimes overwhelming (e.g., Trying New Food). Use the behavioral lessons with individuals to target specific social behaviors (e.g., I Eat My Own Food). Lessons include input from families of children with autism.
- Daily Routines—Getting Dressed, Wearing Different Clothes, Weekend Morning, After-School Day Care, and more
- Self-Care—Brushing Teeth, Clipping Fingernails, Bath Time, Using the Toilet, and more
- Appliances/Safety—The Vacuum Cleaner, Electrical Outlets, Hot Stove, Wearing My Seatbelt, and more
- Family Relations—Watching One TV, Sharing the Computer, Pets, The Babysitter, and more
- Special Occasions—Staying Away from Home, Having Company, Time-Out, My Birthday, and more
- 62 pages, 8½" x 11"
- Behavior Tracking Forms
- Behavior Analysis Forms
- Progress Record Forms
- Tracking Forms for Lessons
- Lessons with teaching suggestions and examples
Autism & PDD Primary Social Skills Lessons Home
book is also available as part of a 5-Book Set or 5-Book Set on CD-ROM.