- Testing Time: 45-60 minutes
- Norm-referenced; raw scores, percentiles, standard scores, and age equivalents
- TOPL-2 complete kit: Examiner’s Manual, Picture Book, 25 Examiner Record Booklets (Age 6-7), 25 Examiner Record Booklets (Ages 8-18), all in a sturdy storage box. (2007)
The Test of Pragmatic Language-2 (TOPL-2), designed for use by speech-language pathologists, provides important information to all essential and involved school team members (school psychologists, counselors, special educators, and clinical psychologists) about social skills and conflict resolution. Use the TOPL-2 as part of a full individual evaluation and program planning.
Its four principles include:
- Identifying individuals with pragmatic language deficits.
- Determining individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Documenting an individual’s progress.
- Researching pragmatic language skills.
This updated edition addresses reviewer’s concerns with the previous edition, adding and improving on important components such as: pragmatic evaluation, detailed IEPs, clinical interpretive framework, extended norms, color picture prompts, and comprehensive scoring guidelines. TOPL-2 allows you to assess the effectiveness and appropriateness of a student’s pragmatic language skills with six core tests:
- Physical setting
- Purpose (speech acts)
- Visual-gestural cues