LiPS Fourth Edition
LiPS: Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing Program for Reading, Spelling, and Speech - Fourth Edition is a comprehensive multisensory program that targets critical reading skills including phonological awareness, decoding, and spelling. The explicit, systematic approach aims to develop fluent readers and competent spellers.
Steps in the LiPS Program are:
- Setting the Climate for Learning
- Identifying and Classifying Consonants
- Identifying and Classifying Vowels
- Tracking Simple Syllables and Words
- Basic Spelling and Reading
- Learning Sight Words and Expectancies
- Tracking Complex Syllables and Words
- Multisyllabic Words
- Reading and Writing in Context
Students hear, see, and feel the physical characteristics of sounds as they explore the physical movements of sounds. Instruction progresses from articulatory movement to sound, then to letter in order to teach sound-letter associations. This in-depth knowledge facilitates students' knowledge of word construction as well as self-correction techniques. The LiPS program is ideal for individuals with functional speech-language delay, second language learning, dyslexia, autism, apraxia, pervasive developmental delay, traumatic brain injury, and stroke. Use LiPS with all ages in small groups or in the classroom.
LiPS Manual with Flash Drive
LiPS – Fourth Edition comes with flash drive which correspond to the manual and include extensive dialogues, chains and word lists, frequently asked questions, and audio and visual examples.
Phonological Awareness and Sequencing Stories
By Sylvia Hannah
LiPS – Fourth Edition comes with an eight-book set of the Phonological Awareness and Sequencing Stories (PAS). Forty-two engaging, illustrated stories follow the Vertical Path of sound introduction giving students opportunities to practice successful reading.
LiPS Complete Kit (2011) includes:
- Manual with flash drive
- Phonological Awareness and Sequencing Stories (Set of 8 Books)
- Teacher's Guide
- 15 mouth picture magnets
- 21 small square magnets
- 53 letter magnets and 3 blanks
- 4 large square magnets
- 60 syllable magnets and 4 blanks
- 11¼" x 30" white, tri-fold, magnetic write-on/wipe-off board
- 64 playing cards, including letters and mouth pictures
- 2½" individual folding mirror